NOW HIRING: SKI and snowboard INSTRUCTORS
Would you like to ski for free and become a better skier in the process? If you can commit to helping us about one weekend day per week and have a passion for skiing, we want you! We are now hiring ski instructors and will will provide the teaching and skiing training
Here is some basic information about being a Welch Village Instructor:
Our 2014/15 Instructor Hiring Clinic is Saturday, Dec. 6th and Sunday, Dec. 7th; 9am-3pm each day. If you would like to be a ski instructor this season, you are required to attend ONE of these clinics, either Saturday OR Sunday. Lift tickets will be provided for hiring clinic applicants. All required employment paperwork will be provided the day of the clinic.
- Our greatest need for instructors is on Saturdays and Sundays. The minimum requirement is to be available to teach the 10am and 1pm lessons every Saturday and/or Sunday. Our lessons are two hours long. Instructors also take turns teaching the 5pm lesson on Saturdays.
- We also have needs for instructors during our weekday school group program. These dates vary.
- Instructors are paid for the hours they teach. The starting wage for instructors is around $8 per hour. However, this wage varies on the instructors age, level of committment, and experience.
- Welch Village is a Licensed PMTS Direct Parallel Ski School. We are one of a kind in the country currenty. To read a recent article featuring our ski school, Click Here!
- All instructors receive great benefits including: A complimentary season pass, exclusive access to ski and snowboard training clinics which will enhance your own skiing ability and teaching ability, discounts on lift tickets for guests, discounts on equipment tuning, and exclusive discounts at our partner resorts Big Sky, Grand Targhee, and Lutsen.
- No previous teaching experience is required. Our trainers will train you to become an effective coach.
- All instructors are required to purchase a uniform jacket. The jacket is then theirs to keep.
If you are an intermediate or advanced skier, please contact the SkiLink Learning Center for more information or schedule a time to shadow a beginner lesson and meet one of our supervisors.
Email: skilink@welchvillage Call: 651-258-4567 ext. 133.
Join us at the Mall of America for the Explore MN Slopes Ski and Snowboard Expo presented by Explore Minnesota and the MN Ski Areas Association! The event and parking is FREE. More information coming soon...
// 08:00 PM
Welch Village is again one of the local ski area partners with the Warren Miller Film Tour. Get your tickets now at For more information, Click Here!
// 07:00 PM
Join us for a large outdoor concert experience featuring the band "Lost Highway"! Tickets will be $10 at the gate. Food and beer garden will be available. More details to come!
Off-Season Office Hours, Mon-Thu
» 9:00am to 3:00pm
Mon-Thu, Winter Hours
» 10:00am to 9:00pm
Fri-Sat, Winter Hours
» 9:00am to 10:00pm
Sunday, Winter Hours
» 9:00am to 9:00pm
special hours & dates
Would you like to get the latest news on Welch Village? Then sign up for our email newsletter.